The Blacktown Mt. Druitt Hospital Redevelopment is a major expansion of existing health services and facilities in Western Sydney.
The project included provision of a new 7-storey Clinical Services Building, 20 bed Sub-Acute Mental Health facility & multi-storey car park and refurbished Engineering Services, Mortuary, CSSD and Kitchen area to the Blacktown campus as well as new Urgent Care Centre, Aged Care & Rehabilitation, Dental, Main Entry and CSSD facilities to the Mt. Druitt campus.
SCG team members delivered security design and construction services including:
- Security Design and Functional Briefs
- Concept, Schematic and Detailed Designs
- Tender Documentation
- Construction Supervision Services
Key Challenges and Solutions included:
- Project planning and procurement & construction staging to minimise disruption to hospital operations throughout construction
- Design and delivery across multiple projects and multiple contractors across both facilities
- Consolidation of multiple Security Management, Access Control and Intruder Alarm Systems into a single system common to both campuses and the wider Local Heath District (LHD)
- Migration of all existing security systems and technologies, including CCTV, to utilise the LHD wide area network (WAN)